Friday, April 1, 2011

Vignette Response

While reading the first vignette that Luis Alba wrote, I was really impressed because he i know that he put all of work into it. The one thing that i liked about his vignette which happens to be titled " The Sirens Go Off" is first of all, the title, his title cached my attention which made me want read it. As I was reading this vignette, there was a lot of suspense which makes his piece very interesting. One thing that luis states in his vignette is
David walked with the backpack full of spray cans and I had the caps on all my pockets. We found a spot right in the middle of the train. We were nervous...David and I were hesitant to be the first to start painting...All of a sudden, a motorcycle engine just turned off. We ran. I looked back while running, across the train I could see red and blue lights on the floor and on the bridge on top of us.
This here shows a lot of suspense and it just makes you want to keep on read what will happen. I can relate to a similar situation that Luis had went through. The one difference wasn't about  the poliece and trying to run away. My situation was being caught with my cousins by some Border Brother, the fact that my cousins happened to be gang affiliated with the nortenos. Just as how Luis was nervous and scared, that was the same thing that i felt. Another thing that i noticed about Luis vignettes is that he used very good figurative language. And a lot of his figurative language gave a better tone and taste in his vignettes. In the same vignette, "The Sirens Go Off" one of ny favorite
I shivered like if I had furious ants crawling all over me, bitting my skin making me feel cold.
This similie gave a humerous tone and really showed feelings in his situation. This similies can represent the sensation of being nervous , scared and maybe scared to death within a panic situation. This is what i think of this expression. Overall, i think that Luis vignettes show a lot of work that have been put into and very good figurative language that makes up the vignettes. And also i can relate to some of his vignettes. In the end, it is very good.
 

1 comment:

  1. me too i seen it i read it, it was pretty good but it ends with a mystery of the rest which is smart like it

    ReplyDelete