Friday, December 17, 2010

Response to Shannon's bolg Post about OAKLAND

I got this quote from Shannon Richardson's blog post about Oakland

I hear that there is some debate on whether or not Oakland is safe or not. Living in the hood for my whole life, I would say Oakland is fine. A lot of people call it a "kill-zone" and say its dangerous. From the parts I've lived in and from my experience its not really dangerous unless you're unlucky and shot as an innocent bystander or you're into some stuff. Most people in Oakland aren't even into stuff. Oakland has actually been very safe for me and lots of other people. There are parts that are very nice like Montclair and the Oakland Hills are all safe as can be.
I agree with Shannon that there are some naighboorhoods in Oakland that are are safe. But where i live its not safe at all. To be honest, i sometimes get scared as i walk through the streets of Oakland hopeing that i wont get shot or jumped. Shit like this happens in my neighborhood. the good thing i sthat im sorrounded by family. Thats one reason where i live. SHannon says that Living in Oakland is fine for her. Well thats because of where she live. Shoot, i wish in the nice neighboorhoods of Oakland.

I have friends that have been jumped and even worse, killed. They were all cool people and were not gang affiliated. I knew then very well as if they were my brothers. My gangs shoot to prove a statement. But for what? That doesnt help at all. Oaklnd is the city where i grew up and spent my child hood in. I really dont want to end up beign a drug dealer as a living. I beleive tha Oakland is what motivates me to succed in life. Thats because i dont wnat  to end up being a thug for the rest of my life. Oakland is what it is to me. a violent city.

No comments:

Post a Comment